Tuesday, December 9, 2008

fall '08 semester.

some know how rough this semester has been for me.
if you didn't know, no worries~ i didn't tell many.
but circumstances have kind of screwed me up academically.

i know that i don't really have anything to blame for my lack of preparation. if i had been stronger in dealing with the problems that i ran into, then i would have had enough peace of mind to study ahead of time.

what am i supposed to do now that the time has come when all the studying that i haven't done is going to come hit me in the face? hard?

pray for me. that's all i can really ask for. 10 seconds will do.
pray that i can focus; something that i haven't been able to do since the second week into school.
pray that i won't dwell on my lack of preparation and actively try my best in these final hours.

as for the issues i've been having.
i've been telling people that i'm doing fine.
nothing drastic has happened to make me feel any worse than i have been. but the weight on my heart that has steadily been growing heavier throughout the year is still pressing down on me. i haven't been able to really pray. words leave my mouth but my heart isn't there. it is frustrating as i can't exactly pinpoint what is truly wrong with me so i can ask God to heal it.

if anybody has any words of advice. lOl. please share. it's a lot to ask during finals, but this struggle of mine has plagued me for a long time.

sorry for this kind of depressing post everyone.

3 comments:

David Seok said...

isn't it funny, these kinds of situations where we pray to be able to pray? i would give you advice, but then something about planks and specks and eyeballs keeps me from saying anything.

the only thing i will say though, is be honest. i don't know, maybe that sounds way too cliche and stupid, but that's what i've just been trying to do. being honest in my prayers, and by prayers i mean anywhere from on my knees friday mornings to just whispering in my brain to God, why...? pray that you can't pray. -shrug-

Sarah R. said...

i think maybe...you're not desperate enough. and if you feel that you are, perhaps deep down in your heart, you're not sure if God can save you from this desperation. but He can. "Cast all your anxiety on him because He cares for you." - 1 Peter 5:7 - that's what my fg gave to me, and really, that's what it's all about. you need to truly seek Him out and speak to Him like it's a conversation. you know like when you seek out an older sister/brother and you just talk for 20 min straight cuz you just have so much on your mind? you can do that, or you don't even really have to say much. just ask Him to fill you once again. your lack of focus this semester could be because your focus on God is waning? (that's just something someone suggested to me about my brother) so yeah.

you are such a cheery person, and i know that you can get through these last days and finish with a bang! see you around and aja aja fighting! (which i used to think was "whitening" when i was really little.)

christine said...

mmm. i don't think i can offer better advice than what's already given. but i'm glad i've found your blog so prayers are still needed during this finals period.

-christine